The best time to start the course is somewhere between 25-30 weeks, as the success of the course is strongly linked to how much practice you do.
Private classes are arranged at mutually convenient times.
Packages & Prices
Gold package, plus two post-natal hypnosis sessions. These are also available separately ».
I am based in Reigate, and offer private one-to-one classes in my home or your own home.
What you can expect from the course:
- Continued on-going support : one to one, or telephone support.
- Classes are in groups of not more than five couples or private classes.
- Recommend a friend who completes the course, and receive a 10% discount.
Normally the antenatal classes would consist of 5 sessions, each lasting approximately 2.5 hours. Classes would normally be at least 1 week apart to enable you to have time to practice and master the techniques learnt during each class. Private antenatal classes are often more flexible than group sessions.
In comparison to free NHS antenatal classes, this may appear costly, however what it offers and covers is far beyond the scope of those classes.
Here are some highlights of what you will learn in the HypnoBirthing Classes:
Session One - Building A Positive Expectancy
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
Session Two - Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Session Three - Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing and detailing Birth Plan Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labour Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts
Session Four - An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
- Onset of Labor – Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital / birthing center/ Preparing for home birth
- Hallmarks of labour
- If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Session Five - Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby bonding
- Your miracle is complete
How to book
- Contact me to discuss dates for the sessions.
- Pay a £50 non-refundable deposit toward the course.
- On booking you will receive a confirmation letter, your own copy of the hypnoBirthing Book by Marie Mongan, and Rainbow Relaxation CD.
- Pay the remainder before the start of the course. A full refund, minus the deposit, will be given for cancellation prior to the first class. No refund will be issued once classes have started.
Jo in Guildford, Surrey